Thursday 26 September 2013

University life take 2

Good morning! Hello! Bonjour and all that trollop. Yes I am diving once again into the proverbial pool that is blogging, only this time I am far less interesting as I am back in Britain.

HOORAY! WHAT AN INTERESTING TAKE ON A BLOG. A STUDENT. IN BRITAIN. LEARNING THINGS.

I know. I'll try and keep it slightly interesting.

So I returned back from Paris in June, and then a lot happened! I experienced the end of a two and a half year relationship (ouch), I saw just how much my little sisters had grown up, my little brother got his first full-time job and also I got a new little brother! So in essence, I lost a man in my life, and gained an adorable little one! His name is Alfie, and you can almost feel the awesome resonating from him. He doesn't say much, but he is unbelievably cute and my 2 year old sister Lois just loves him to absolute pieces. The amount of time she gives him kisses and things, she also yells at you to, "Get away from my (her) baby!" I'll show you a picture.

Look at that. A week old and he's already got this looking thing DOWN son. Also, he's a brunette. Which is a huge thing for me as even though both my parents are brunettes, all my siblings have BEAUTIFUL GOLDEN LOCKS like the Lannisters. So he's obviously going to be mine all the time. Look at his tiny little hands, so sweet. He's already acing all of his tests, 10/10 on the birthing thing. .Gaze upon tiny perfection. Take it all in.

Wait, that wasn't cute enough for you?

You want me to up the ante?

Are you sure you're ready for this?


Boom. My sister holding my baby sister holding my baby brother. Babyception. Pow. Your cute sensors are dead from this cute overload. How awesome is this? I'm related to this big pile of awesome right here. Just take a minute to recover and we shall get back to the blog.

Feeling better? Good. Then I shall continue.

So I have one year left of uni and then I have to enter the real world. So, I'm trying to make the most of it! I recently started going to karate and that is amazing. It's like violent dancing yoga. Although there is this thing called a kiai (I hope I am spelling it right) which is a yell to confuse the opponent. Now all the other lasses in the group have a lovely, terrifying scream or roar. I sound like an angry Glaswegian rhinoceros that is trying to squeeze through a doorway far too small for it. But hey ho, that sounds terrifying to me so I'll take it. I also joined the feminist society and the turn out was huge. As in they planned for 20 people coming and about 100 people did. Of course I also have my sourse in itself, the French part isn't as interesting this semester but in Psychology I get to do my first proper experiment! I even have to go in for lab training today. Oh yeah. I am a scientist. I gotta live on science alone now. I am slightly disgruntled that I do not have a proper lab coat though. I guess the, "proper," scientists would have a tantrum if we did. 

Also, in relation to heartbreak, I feel like not a lot of people are brutally honest about it. For the first month or so it is absolutely horrid. It sucks. You can't make that better and you can't fix it, but what you can do is surround yourself with the awesome friends you have and take your mind off things. I am so lucky to have amazing friends both here in Liverpool and back in Wrexham, and an amazing family to boot. It's being with other people and enjoying yourself that helps you find your feet and start to take things in your stride. You have to be honest with yourself too. If you're upset about this, of course if your ex gets in contact you're going to be not nice. You need to cut the ties, if only for a little while, until you're ready to talk to them. You need to know as well that it may take a while even after that to be friends, so you need to know if you're prepared to do that. But other than that my advice is, it gets better. It really does. Just don't expect it to get better instantly. And also, a glass of wine and some ice cream never goes amiss. There's a reason it's a cliché in the film industry. A god damn delicious reason. 

It also helps if your Mum gives you a new sibling. 

ANYWAYS

I'll end this blog on a high note.

HIGH NOTE. 

Oh my gosh I'm just so funny.

Tatty byes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment